Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

My meeting with Amanda & My Adviser

Two weeks ago, I went to speak with Amanda for the very first time. I was kind of excited to have someone to look up to, someone to go to for help and she did just that! We spoke about what my life is like, how busy it can get at time. We also discussed advisement for next semester and we reviewed what the MAPP program was all about. If you aren't familiar with what the MAPP program is, it's basically a transfer alliance program that many of the Maricopa Community Colleges have with Arizona State University. Students who already know what they want to study and where they want to go for their Bachelors degree should look into this program as many benefits are included. I recommend students talk to their advisers to learn more about this program or click this link to learn more!

Amanda and I also discussed my internship (which started this week, I'll be blogging all about it this weekend!) Interning at a biology laboratory has always been a dream of mine and I'm so thrilled to work with the lab crew to learn as much as I can. I have so many ideas as to what kinds of experiments we can do on and off campus.

I also visited my adviser, Mrs. Elaine, at the honors department and we further discussed the MAPP Program and I was so glad that she answered all my questions about it and we signed up for it together! We also discussed the final classes I need to take this coming semester in order for me to graduate with honors on time. It's finally hitting me that my academic career at the community college level is coming to end but I'm also extremely exited to see what awaits me at Arizona State University.

I feel so blessed as so many programs and departments at Phoenix College have helped me learn so much about my abilities as a student and through hard work and dedication, we can accomplish anything! I look forward to blogging about everything internship/science and anything else I find interesting! Thank you for reading.

Greetings, Khadidja Meghoufi


No comments:

Post a Comment