Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Procrastinating Must End

This whole "waiting until Monday to write my blog post" is fast become a (bad) habit so I promised myself that this will be the LAST time. So this post will discuss last week and the post on Thursday will discuss this week.

To begin, in the lab, I continued on with my experiment to identify whether or not the women's door handles presented any traces of coliforms. This was actually a surprise for many of us at the lab given the fact that the men's door handles were usually the "germier" ones and the beginning results for coliform identification came back negative for the men's door handle. Gram staining is set to be done over again this week for the one women's sample that came back positive for coliform, bacilli negative to be exact. I look forward to that and will keep you posted on that on Thursday.

The bottom photo shows my TSB plates which were completed in order to continue the numerical data needed for the upcoming conference at Estrella Mountain Community College in May.

The above picture reminded me of this bottom one here. The reason being is because I was freaking out a little that week in the lab because I thought there must have been something wrong with my swabbing/platting technique. So much so that no colony forming units (CFUs) grew on the TSA plates. I later found out that week that the incubator was off the entire week and I was somewhat relieved. My other theory as to why colony forming units did not grow was either (a) the janitor was cleaning the handles or (b) someone was pranking me early. Neither are true :) 

 This week in the lab, the plan is to work on the poster for the conference in May. The data is driving me a little insane , once again, but I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes after completing something a little challenging. Thanks to Matt, I was able to start on the data analysis portion with graphs and so forth. We had to combine the numerical data from the ASU conference poster and the new numerical data. More to come on Thursday on the poster prep.

Picture of the Week:
Someone special got this book for me and I plan on reading it in the summer time. I'm not much of a memorizer-type of person so I look forward to reading this to overcome my anatomy studying fears. I believe these are available in Barnes & Noble. I'm pretty sure it can be found elsewhere also. I know a lot of us are planning on getting the medical field or research field so I thought sharing this would benefit us all :)

Good luck on the remainder of the semester and until Thursday. 

Greetings, Khadidja

No comments:

Post a Comment