Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Poster Week! :)

Poster, poster, poster. I must have heard this word at least a thousand times this week. That's what I've been working on all week!

The following is a picture of my poster thus far. The abstract was already completed and submitted earlier on so I just had to post it on the poster. I formulated my hypothesis pretty quickly, referring to previous research completed on hand-washing techniques. Something that I thought was pretty interesting was the fact that the template for this conference included a "why it's important" section. This makes it easier for the audience to get a feel of the main objective of why the experiment was done in the first place. For the experiment portion, we decided to combine the materials and method together as it makes it a more comprehensive and understandable. It started off by being in paragraph format but Matt and I decided to make it numbered. We also separated it into two sections: 1. colony forming units numerical data methods and 2. coliform detection methods.

For my data portion, Matt helped tremendously by competing a data analysis on my numbers to make sure they were all statistically significant, which they were. Further on, he helped make the beautiful chart (refer to the picture below) and I changed up the colors and layout a little bit to make it easy on the eyes. I also added pictures from my blog on the poster as well. Today, I plan to be heading to the lab to finish up the conclusion section as well as adding two more resources in the references section. I remember reading a lot of research essays from various studies so I just have to find them again and reference them in my poster.


This is the picture of the day! I wanted to thank Bill Gates for Microsoft system (we use Excel for data analysis and PowerPoint to put our poster together). I also wanted to thank Notorious B.I.G. for helping me get through the data entry and analysis portion of this project. Thank you all.


Hope you all are having a productive week and an even better weekend. Next week is the final week of classes and the following week after that is finals week. Study hard, finish strong and treat yourself to something nice. Hope you all have exciting plans for the summer! And if you don’t, take it easy!

Greetings, Khadidja M.

No comments:

Post a Comment