Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last week has been super hectic and deadlines had to be met but I'm so glad I got everything done in a timely fashion and I had a three day weekend to relax, work on calculus and prepare for my physics exam for Wednesday! Three out of the six internships that I'm applying for had due dates for the 15th so I was busy emailing professors for letter of recommendations and working endlessly on personal statements and so forth. Thanks to Amanda, Professor Ana and Professor Schampel for writing letters for me! I appreciate it so much! Thank you once again :)

For my internship, last week was super interesting as I started growing my bacteria colonies in TSB tubes to be able to have enough for gram staining. I did lots of gram staining on Tuesday and my technique has improved tremendously from last week! I started air-drying the micro slides to prevent the wax pencil lining to mix with my sample itself as it did previously! Furthermore, I'm learning how to use the camera for the microscope so I'm able to take pictures and so on.

As I reached into the fridge to grab some more TSA plates, I glanced over and found these "MAC" plates. When I think of MAC, usually the cosmetic company pops into my mind but not anymore!!! I wanna know what these plates are used for. Anyone wanna enlighten me?
 Day zero samples came back clear as can be, once again. My technique is getting better guys!!!!!
 I thought I'd get a little more creative and have some fun in the lab so I assembled my TSA plates like this:
Sorta reminds me of  stair-cases, no?!








As I was working on one of my personal statements for an internship, I was looking up quotes on being biologically connected as human beings and this quote caught my eye. I truly believe in this statement and I thought it did a a good job at getting my point across. What do you think? 
Last but certainly not least, here is my picture of the week! It made me laugh because I think dinosaurs are the coolest and I read that quote in my Morgan Freeman voice so it was hilarious!














This week is super short but a lot is going on in and outside of school. I plan on preparing my research poster for the conference in March this week! I got an outline started and I'm waiting for the template to be mailed out so I can put everything together. I'm looking forward to the conference as it will allow me to present my work and see what other students are working on as well.


Hope you all had a fabulous three-day weekend, now it's back to business! Have a great week!

Greetings, Khadidja M.

No comments:

Post a Comment