Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Short Week, lot's of Work!

A little less than two weeks away from the Arizona State University research conference! I'm really stoked to prepare my poster and present my work! Everyone in the lab is working really hard to complete in time. I have to work with Matt today to get my data together and I didn't realize the amount of stats that is present in my experiment. We are accounting for a lot of variables but I'm exited to see what we come up with! 


My poster project is coming along! I completed the abstract, the materials and today I will complete the methods, references and acknowledgement portions as well. Writing hasn't been my strongest point academically but with a lot of practice with English classes, science lab reports and this blog, I feel like I'm conquering my fear of writing. 

  


This is just an additional photo I took of the door handle that was tested and I want to include it on my poster as well as a visual representation of the sample size along with a diagram that'll show how I swabbed the door handles.









I haven't gram stained this week as my poster for the ASU conference will only include the numerical data from my bacteria whereas the second research conference in May will include the identification of bacteria. I grew to also love gram staining because it allows me to be precise and more accurate in my technique so I look forward to getting back into after the ASU conference. 





As I was walking to the lab earlier this week, I came across this bird who was playing in the puddle and  I thought it was artistic in a sense so I took a picture so I can share it with you guys. :) If I were a bird, I'd be this bird because I like water. 





Next weeks blog will include more of my poster and maybe some gram staining towards the end of the week but we shall see how that comes along. Hope you had a productive week and hope you have an even better weekend. Take care,
Khadidja M.







No comments:

Post a Comment